~ December 21, 2014 ~
Dr. Luke Delivers a Special Baby
Luke 2: 4-7
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
This was not an Ordinary Baby!
This was an Extraordinary Baby! He was a Special Baby!
**Notice what made Him Special!
1. The Special Parents
a. Notice The Virgin Spouse
b. Notice The Valuable Spouse
c. Notice The Virtuous Spirit
2. The Special Place
Micah 5:2 - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
3. The Special Person
Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
4. The Special Purpose
Isaiah 53: 4-6 - 4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: . . . 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
** Dr. Luke was not at the manger scene to deliver Baby Jesus, but Dr. Luke was inspired by that same Holy Spirit to deliver the most read Christmas Story on earth – the story of Jesus’ birth!
** This baby Dr. Luke tells us about and delivers to us in the gospel of Luke, brought a lot into this old sinful world.
**Let’s look at what this Special Baby that Luke delivers to us brought into this world.
Body – Dr. Luke Delivers a Special Baby
I. This Special Baby Brought Captivation
A. There was an Attraction
**The Special Baby attracted . . .
1. The Seraphim (the Angels) – Luke 2:13,14 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
2. The Shepherds – Luke 2:15 The shepherds said one to another, let us now go even to Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass.
** They had seen baby sheep, but they had never seen a baby lamb like this baby lamb!
3. The Seekers (the Wise Men) Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down and worshipped him.
**To be like Christ, we must allow this same Jesus in our lives so that others will be attracted to Him!
B. There was an Alluring
(Alluring - a word that means beauty)
1. His Beauty gets the attention of Worshippers!
2. His Beauty gets the attention of the World!
3. His Beauty gets the attention of the Wicked!
C. There was an Accord
1. This Baby caused people to smile, hug, love each other, express joy, care, and express peace.
2. This Baby brought people together.
**To be like Christ, we must allow his attraction, his alluring, and his accord to shine in our lives!
** We need to Captivate People with this same Jesus in our lives!
II. This Special Baby Brought Cheer (Joy)
Luke 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
** The Special Baby brought joy . . .
A. Joy to the Heart
1. When they learned of Him their hearts filled with joy.
2. When they looked on Him their hearts filled with joy.
3. When they loved on Him their hearts filled with joy.
B. Joy to the Home
1. As they cared for Him, joy filled their home.
2. As they caressed Him, joy filled their home.
3. As they cradled Him, joy filled their home.
C. Joy to the Humbled
1. When the humbled believed on Him, they found joy.
2. When the humbled bowed to Him, they found joy.
3. When the humbled blessed Him, they found joy.
**We need to bring Cheer by having this same Jesus in our lives.
III. This Special Baby Brought Charity (Love)
He was and is the greatest expression of love this world has ever known!
A. The Simple Parents Felt His Love
1. When they held Him on their Hearts
2. When they held Him in their Hands
3. When they held Him in their Home.
B. The Sheep Protectors Felt His Love
1. As they trembled, they felt His love.
2. As they touched Him, they felt His love.
3. As they talked to Him, they felt His love.
C. The Saintly Priest Felt His Love
1. When Simeon looked on Him, he looked on Salvation.
2. When Simeon loved on Him, he loved on Salvation.
3. When Simeon lifted Him, he lifted up Salvation.
** There’s no way you can get around Him and not feel His love!
** We need to bring Charity by having this same Jesus in our lives!
IV. This Baby Jesus Brought Calmness (Peace)
** The heavenly host were praising God and saying in Luke 2:14 “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.
A. He offers a Peaceful Living
1. Live with peace in your soul.
2. Live with peace in your sorrows.
B. He offers a Peace Lily
(He is the Lily of the Valley!)
1. He is the Peace Lily that will Help you!
2. He is the Peace Lily that will Heal you!
3. He is the Peace Lily that will Hold you!
C. He offers a Peaceful Life
1. Peaceful Life on Earth
2. Peaceful Life in Eternity
** We need to bring Calmness by having this same Jesus in our lives!
1. This World still needs this same Jesus that Dr. Luke delivered to us in this scripture!
a. The world needs His Captivation
b. The world needs His Cheer
c. The world needs His Charity
d. The world needs His Calmness
2. This same Jesus that Dr. Luke delivered many years ago still wants to come into . . .
a. The Sinners’ Heart – In those who have broken His laws and know not His grace!
b. The Saints’ Home – In those who know Him and wants Him to live in their lives.
c. The Sanctuary House – In this church particularly He wants to give us His love, joy, peace, help, unity, grace, and Holy Spirit and let it stand out in this community!
Here’s the invitation:
1. Are there people in your life that needs this Jesus that Dr. Luke delivered in Luke 2? If so, come and ask God to reveal Himself to them so they can know Him.
2. Do you want this same Jesus in your Christmas this year in your home? In your household? In your heart? If so, come and accept this perfect Jesus into your life!